Monday, September 26, 2005

The Wrath of Hurricane Rita and B/CS

Oh man, I don't know if Bryan/College Station will ever be the same after the worst weather I have ever witnessed this weekend; Hurricane Rita.

The rain....wow...I've never seen so little in one single day. I think if I had peed in the wind, my lawn might have been more wet than what happened on Saturday. Also, the wind. Now, at least there was SOME wind, but everything survived.

There was a massive flood in College Station as well. A flood from everyone who went to the stores the week before and now have 80 gallons of extra bottled water in their house simultaneously dumping it out. I've come to this conclusion. People in College Station have no common sense. They freak out about everything. I seriously think that people in this town thought that they were going to be flooded and have their house underwater like what happened in New Orleans.

Let's do the math on this one....New Orleans is either AT or BELOW sea level. College Station is 367ft ABOVE sea level and is over 130 miles away from the coast. So, even if the largest storm surge known to man came and hit Houston or Galveston, I don't see any way that we would see the devastation like in New Orleans; or really, even close to that. Now, if my house did suddenly become Ocean Front property, I certainly wouldn't complain.

Basically, people in this town are retarded. Have some common sense, and everything will be alright. The world will not end. The only flooding I saw was freaking traffic. I can't wait for it to get back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home