Tuesday, January 18, 2005

3 Months in the making

Yes, I suck. Bite me.

Why did I decide to write today? I don't know, and no one will ever know.

So, this weekend Kristen and I decided to tear up the carpet in our house (in the living room) and put down some wood laminate flooring (Pergo type stuff). It was quite an experience, starting off with Kristen's brother (Brent) and I storing the carpet we tore up in my attic. I bet most of you can see where this is going, but for the few who can't.... My attic is fairly organized, and I didn't want it to get too terribly cluttered, so I plotted out the place the carpet would go. Not on the part of the attic that is floored, but on the part adjoining the floored part. So, I pull the carpet up, and Brent comes up with me. I move around to get to the part that isn't floored, but Brent decides he wants to do that. After stepping on a small TV table stand, and me saying "Hey, don't step on that, you might fall" What does he do? Yes, falls....right into our laundry room shelf. YAY. We now have a hole in our ceiling about the size of a Men's size 10 shoe. I get to learn how to patch sheet rock now!

As if that wasn't bad enough, I apparently, get to learn a LOT of cool things over the next few weeks.... I get to learn how to:
1) Re-screen 3-4 windows
2) Patch Sheet rock
3) Lay ceramic tile
4) Cut quarter round perfectly
5) Re-wire a sprinkler system
6) Put some sort of drainage system in our backyard (aka "The Swamp")
7) Re-Weatherstrip a door
8) Clean and seal ceramic tile
9) Re plank about 10-15 fence posts in our back yard
10) Good lord, I don't know what else I get to learn, I guess you can put in laminate flooring, but this was my 3rd floor to put down.

All of these can mainly be attributed to our dogs. Isn't animal ownership a blast? I think the next pets we will own will be a snail. They don't screw anything up, and if they die, oh well. Eric the snail farmer. I can see that. Has a nice ring to it, almost like Eric Webb... Web sites... Ha! Did you ever notice that?!?!? Nope, didn't notice that. You are the smartest person in the world (rolls eyes).

Anyhow, I think the hole in the ceiling about made the weekend, I think Kristen almost cried when she saw it. Thankfully it was in a room that we don't see all the time, well except we walk in and out of it to get to our cars... But that's beyond the point.

At least the floor looks pretty good. :shrugs:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home